Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Moving again

Not that most folks care - but we're moving. Again. After only a year in Monroe, WA, we are moving to Moscow, ID. Sue is a United Methodist pastor, and the understanding is that she will go wherever the Bishop says. That is generally in a specific geographic area. In our case, that means anywhere in Washington or Northern Idaho.

This was really a request. While we both love Monroe (I ESPECIALLY prefer Western Washington for its marine climate), her parents live in extreme Eastern Washington. In Moscow, we'll only be 8 miles from them - a local call, even. So that is to the good. The climate will be different - but Moscow is at 2500 feet elevation, so it will be cooler in summer. And colder - and snowier in winter. I won't like the snow/cold part - but I truly suffer over heat. And one can always bundle up or stay inside!

So, I'm looking forward to the move. I'm sad to leave another job I enjoy - but I feel like this is the "right" thing to do. I can't explain that - but I feel it to be so. Keep us in your thougths and prayers.

No comments: